Sunday, 25 March 2012, 1535
Possibly the biggest hit of Omar and Pam's gathering last night was the incredibly delicious Black Bean Chili Dip they served. I enjoyed it with pita, crisps and by itself.
After Pam sent out her recipe earlier, no doubt due to popular demand, I realized that in ten and a half years I have never featured a recipe on this site. That ends today.
Black Bean Chili Dip
by Pamela Moyer
- 15 ounce can black beans: rinsed, drained and partially mashed
- 1/2 cup drained whole kernel corn or fiesta corn with diced peppers
- 1/3 cup thick and chunky medium spiced salsa — I used a little more
- 1/4 cup water — I used a little less
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper — optional
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons canned diced green chilies
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine black beans, corn, salsa, water, chili powder and cayenne.
- Pour into a small casserole dish. I used an 8-inch round; smaller is better.
- Sprinkle with cheese and chilies.
- Cover and bake for 20–30 minutes; until dip is bubbly, cheese is melted.
- Uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes.
In my haste to devour the deliciousness, I failed to take a photograph of yesterday's dish. If you make it, please send me a photo of your results!
Post Your Comments
You can subscribe to the site-wide comments feed to follow the conversation.
|1 Comment||The Black Bean Chili Dip | http://mtsutro.org?p=1012|
Food & Drink Local Personal